The Culinary Kitchen of Athens is a non-profit micro- enterprise program created in support by the Downtown Development Authority, North East Georgia Business Alliance and the Athens Chamber of Commerce. We prepare, teach and grow small start-up businesses by providing the necessary skills and access points to success. We provide classes, partnership collaborations and material sharing. These resources help to shape our creatives into a more well-rounded business mindset. We are passionate about providing free and accessible resources to small local businesses to get their product to the next level!
To create a vibrant, diverse community full of new opportunities for the food entrepreneurs of Athens including a commercial kitchen space, events, resources and partnerships.
To support the local food industry- farmers, vendors and entrepreneurs in Athens, GA.
- To promote appreciation for the local food businesses in Athens and the surrounding area
- To provide a market that opens opportunities for small, local food businesses
- To encourage and assist people of all ages to learn about environmentally sound agricultural and sustainable business practices.
- To enrich the cultural base of Athens by creating events to promote a diverse range of vendors and clientele.
- To develop a sustainable market that involves a cooperative partnership between farmers in Athens Clarke County government and the community.
- To provide a venue where customers can engage directly with the maker/creator
- To provide opportunities where food vendors can sell directly to customers
- To develop sources of marketing, education and management for members